POSTING DATE: January 6, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
POSITION: Administrative Specialist
HOURS: 20-40 hours/week
LOCATION: Sisters, Oregon
PAY RANGE: $18/hour DOE
START DATE: As soon as possible
World’s Children is accepting applications for an Administrative Specialist (AS). We are looking for a dependable and detail-oriented individual with solid computer skills and the ability to learn, work within, and improve our processes. This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in non-profit administration, donor management and finance while serving a worthy cause. It is rewarding to see kids from unfortunate beginnings grow up in a healthy loving environment where they have the opportunity to receive vocational training or graduate from college—knowing all the while that you were a part of it. We hope to find a long-term team pillar willing to wear many hats.
- Data entry in QuickBooks and Microsoft Access with very high accuracy and attention to detail
- Bookkeeping—making donation deposits, creating receipts and overdue notices. Keeping records of donations and donor status
- Payroll using Quickbooks
- Checking, logging in, tracking, and mailing materials that have been sent from the sponsors to the children and from the children to their sponsors
- Writing quality correspondence including letters and emails to donors and project partners
- Communicating with donors on the phone and answering the office phone
- Tracking projects that we fund, child and sponsor status and other complex processes.
- Handling small and large mailings, national and international
- Contributing to a positive, productive work environment, sometimes working alone and sometimes in collaboration
- May include other tasks as needed
- Strong computer competency
- QuickBooks bookkeeping experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Basic clerical skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new processes and computer software with patience and a positive attitude
- Minimum typing 45 wpm
- A passion for uplifting children from poverty
- Relaxed work environment
- Paid vacation with accrual beginning on your start date and increasing after 2, 5, 7, and 8 years of service
- Paid sick leave
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas
- Health and Dental Insurance
- All of the fun, charm, and convenience that downtown Sisters has to offer
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the world every single day
World’s Children has served orphans and vulnerable children around the globe since 1965. We currently support orphanages in three countries: India, Ethiopia, and Guatemala. We specialize in India where we support 30 orphanages and provide college scholarships to more than 260 disadvantaged students. We don’t consider World’s Children to be either faith-based or humanitarian. We prefer to think of this charity as a gathering of compassionate people linked together by our common concern for orphans and vulnerable children. Learn more about our work: https://worldschildren.org/
Email your resume and a well-written cover letter to email@example.com.
Finalists for the position must provide professional and work-related references. Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in World’s Children