Associate Program Director
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Associate Program Director for World’s Children
POSTING DATE: February 21, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on March 7, 2019.
POSITION: Associate Program Director
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
LOCATION: Sisters, Oregon
PAY RANGE: DOE, with generous vacation and health insurance benefits
World’s Children is accepting applications for an Associate Program Director (APD). We are looking for a versatile, creative, and accurate writer and project manager. This position ensures a positive experience for World’s Children sponsors and donors through inbound and outbound communications (phone calls, emails, mail, newsletters, and other promotional materials). The APD also communicates with the administrators of the orphanages that WC supports. The position requires database and Excel abilities to manage our programs.
The APD responds to questions, concerns, inquiries related to children and our programs. The APD is also responsible for outreach on-line through social media, e-news, and blog posts on the WC website.
This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in non-profit communications, program administration, development, and career advancement while serving a worthy cause. It is rewarding to see kids from unfortunate beginnings grow up in a healthy loving environment and have the opportunity to receive vocational training or graduate from college—knowing all the while that you were a part of it.
1. Sponsor/donor/home regular communication
- Effective communication through writing, email, in person, and on the phone
- Willing to write lots of emails and letters and excited to interact with sponsors/donors over the phone
- Fosters a positive donor experience by welcoming new sponsors and thanking long term donors/sponsors through all avenues of communication
- Ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with orphanage administrators
- Attention to detail is required to keep the sponsor, child, home, and project information accurate
- Helps to maintain the sponsorship accounts and update records as needed
- Handles necessary sponsor/donor/administrator communication in a timely manner
2. Outreach and promotion
- Able to produce creative and appealing written communications that convey a passion for the care of orphans and vulnerable children
- Effective storyteller; The children have many stories to tell
- Able to create newsletters and brochures
- Adept at social media including Facebook posts, e-news, and blogs
- Must be eager to collaborate and accept feedback.
- A passion for uplifting children from poverty; International nonprofit experience preferred
- A college degree or comparable experience, and strong writing skills
- Excellent communication style with the ability to write informative, creative and accurate correspondence and outreach materials
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Minimum typing 40 wpm
- Photoshop editing skills, video editing skills a plus
- WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook and social media proficiency
- Relaxed work environment
- Some remote work possible following probationary period
- Paid vacation with accrual beginning on your start date and increasing after 2, 5, 7, and 8 years of service
- Paid sick leave
- Nine annual paid holidays
- Paid health and dental insurance
- Daily one-hour lunches (1/2 hour paid) for full-time employees
- All of the fun, charm, and convenience that downtown Sisters has to offer
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the world every single day
World’s Children has served orphans and vulnerable children around the globe since 1965. We currently support orphanages in three countries: India, Ethiopia, and Guatemala. We specialize in India where we support 28 orphanages and provide college scholarships to more than 260 disadvantaged students. We moved our headquarters to Sisters, Oregon in 2017.
The majority of World’s Children donations come through our child sponsorship and college scholarship program in India. We have found that sponsorship ensures a solid recurring base of donations for the children and orphanages we support while at the same time providing a rewarding experience for the sponsors. We don’t consider World’s Children to be either faith-based or humanitarian. We prefer to think of this charity as a gathering of compassionate people linked together by our common concern for orphans and vulnerable children
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, consider joining our dedicated team.
Email your resume and a well-written cover letter to email@example.com.
Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.
Those selected for further consideration will be invited to an interview and asked to provide professional and work-related references, and examples of your work.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in World’s Children