Operations Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
POSTING DATE: August 1, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
POSITION: Operations Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
LOCATION: Sisters, Oregon
PAY RANGE: DOE
START DATE: September 2019
World’s Children is accepting applications for an Operations Coordinator/Admin. Assistant (OC). We are looking for a dependable and detail-oriented individual with solid computer skills and the ability to learn, work within, and improve our processes. This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in non-profit administration, donor management, finance and career advancement while serving a worthy cause. It is rewarding to see kids from unfortunate beginnings grow up in a healthy loving environment where they have the opportunity to receive vocational training or graduate from college—knowing all the while that you were a part of it.
- Data entry in QuickBooks and Microsoft Access with very high accuracy and attention to detail
- Bookkeeping—donation deposits and record keeping of donations and related tracking and communication of donor status
- Payroll using Quickbooks
- Checking, logging in, tracking, and mailing materials being sent from the sponsors to the children and from the children to their sponsors
- Writing quality correspondence including letters and emails to donors and project partners
- Communicating with donors on the phone and answering the office phone
- Handling small and large mailings, national and international
- Contributing to a positive, productive work environment, sometimes working alone and sometimes in collaboration
- Learning and taking ownership of numerous complex processes over time, including funding disbursements to homes we support, tracking all aspects of projects that we fund, tracking sponsor status and communicating overdue, etc.
- May include other tasks as needed
- A passion for uplifting children from poverty
- Strong computer competency
- QuickBooks bookkeeping and payroll experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write informative and accurate correspondence
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks according to priority with little supervision
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Basic clerical skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new processes and computer software with patience and a positive attitude
- Minimum typing 50 wpm
- Relaxed work environment
- Paid vacation with accrual beginning on your start date and increasing after 2, 5, 7, and 8 years of service
- Paid sick leave
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas
- Health and Dental Insurance
- All of the fun, charm, and convenience that downtown Sisters has to offer
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the world every single day
World’s Children has served orphans and vulnerable children around the globe since 1965. We currently support orphanages in three countries: India, Ethiopia, and Guatemala. We specialize in India where we support 30 orphanages and provide college scholarships to more than 260 disadvantaged students. We don’t consider World’s Children to be either faith-based or humanitarian. We prefer to think of this charity as a gathering of compassionate people linked together by our common concern for orphans and vulnerable children. Learn more about our work: https://worldschildren.org/
Email your resume and a well-written cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finalists for the position must provide professional and work-related references. Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in World’s Children