POSTING DATE: March 3, 2020
CLOSING DATE: This position is on hold as of 3–16-2020
POSITION: Communications Associate
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week; part-time will be considered
LOCATION: Sisters, Oregon
PAY RANGE: $18-20/hour DOE
World’s Children is accepting applications for a Communications Associate (CA). We are looking for a versatile, creative, and accurate writer. The position also requires the ability to work with digital media, photos and graphics and to manage donor data. The CA ensures a positive experience for World’s Children sponsors and donors through inbound and outbound communications including phone calls, emails, letters, newsletters, enews, social media and blog posts, website updates and creation of other promotional materials. The CA also responds to questions, concerns, inquiries related to children and our programs.
This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in non-profit communications, administration, development, and career advancement while serving a worthy cause. It is rewarding to see kids from unfortunate beginnings grow up in a healthy loving environment and to see those with the capacity have the opportunity to receive vocational training or graduate from college—knowing all the while that you were a part of it.
1. Sponsor/donor regular communication
- Effective communication through writing, email, in person, and on the phone
- Willing to write lots of emails and letters
- Fosters a positive donor experience by welcoming new sponsors and thanking long term donors/sponsors through all avenues of communication
- Attention to detail is required to keep the sponsor information and child information accurate
- Helps to maintain the sponsorship accounts and update records as needed.
- Handles necessary sponsor/donor communication in a timely manner
2. Outreach and promotion
- Able to produce creative and appealing written communications that convey a passion for the care of orphans and vulnerable children
- Able to create compelling newsletters and brochures
- Adept at social media including enews and posting on Facebook and blogs
- Willing to collaborate on communication projects and accept feedback
- 3-5 years of nonprofit or business communications experience
- A passion for uplifting children from poverty
- A college degree or comparable experience
- Persuasive communication style with the ability to tell stories and write informative, creative, accurate correspondence and outreach materials
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Minimum typing 45 wpm
- Photoshop editing skills
- WordPress, MailChimp, FaceBook and social media proficiency preferrred
- Video editing skills a plus
- Relaxed work environment
- Paid vacation with accrual beginning on your start date and increasing after 2, 5, 7, and 8 years of service
- Paid sick leave
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas
- Health and Dental Insurance
- All of the fun, charm, and convenience that downtown Sisters has to offer
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the world every single day
World’s Children has served orphans and vulnerable children around the globe since 1965. We currently support orphanages in three countries: India, Ethiopia, and Guatemala. We specialize in India where we support 29 orphanages and provide college scholarships to more than 270 disadvantaged students. We don’t consider World’s Children to be either faith-based or humanitarian. We prefer to think of this charity as a gathering of compassionate people linked together by our common concern for orphans and vulnerable children. Learn more about our work: https://worldschildren.org/
Email your resume and a well-written cover letter to:
Those selected for further consideration will be invited to an interview and asked to provide examples of your work and professional and work-related references.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in World’s Children